The role is covered in the following locations: Liverpool, Warrington
We're working with an independent world class manufacturer and supplier for diagnostic products for clinical, industrial and veterinary testing.
JOB TITLE: Product Manager - URI SYSTEM
REPORTING TO: Marketing & Customer Service Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Leading, developing and driving the Uri System Products
This role will key build on current strong base to expand the existing business offering through sustainable sales growth, market penetration, and expansion of the product offering and ensure profitability in line with company.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
To be the URI SYSTEM champion across the various functions, working collaboratively with Sales, field based clinical specialist, Instrument Support, Planning, R&D and Manufacturing in driving growth and building relationships with KOL and key customers in this field.
To deliver customer facing sales promotion and, with colleagues, propose and develop products in support of the URI SYSTEM UK & International markets to ensure we grow total manufactured revenue and margin ahead of targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To establish new product pipeline while ensuring existing business development by widening our markets/reach and depth. Working closely with commercial and R&D team to achieve this goal of new product development and their successful commercialisation.
- To work closely with commercial and R&D teams (including across the Group) to achieve this goal of new product development and successful commercialisation - at a scale that outweighs the relevant regulatory burden/costs.
- To ensure that market penetration is constantly expanding relative to the competitive landscape whilst protecting profitability.
- To define the total and addressable value of the market and support the Sales teams and their distributors to do likewise.
- To be supportive of the Sales Teams as the URI SYSTEM Product Manager and expert who would routinely be called upon to give both sales and technical presentations, follow up technical enquiries, trouble shooting and offer offsite user training as required in particular with new customers and/or product enhancements.
- To build both technical and marketing knowledge and expertise on the URI SYSTEM products and be a key point of contact for internal and external parties
- To be a leader/driver/shaper in the Group commercial strategy for the URI SYSTEM products, and define articulate and update a rolling 3-5 year URI SYSTEM product roadmap.
- To support Sales team with, and present, value propositions to prospects and customers.
- Through attendance at conferences, exhibitions and seminars collaborate with sales team and their customers to understand their requirements and form relationships with decision-makers to identify future product offerings and opportunities in the URI SYSTEM Market.
- To be responsible for contributing market data to management and communicate any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- To work closely with Sales teams and distributors to analyse strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops marketing strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
- To build strong collaborative working relationships with the Sales team and, in conjunction with them, support and help to develop the URI SYSTEM customer base
- To work with the Marketing Managers, other Uri PMs, and as relevant R&D, in other Mast companies, potential customers and end users at a detail level with regards to the market acceptability of new product concepts including their presentation and packaging and to ensure market potential is defined prior to commencement of development.
- The Group's websites and LinkedIn pages are our main promotional tool and technical information source. A key function of this role is to ensure all data on the UK site is current and accurate and frequent news items keep the site fresh and interesting
- To submit business reports both monthly and as required, and fully utilise and update CRM.
- In addition to the specified duties an employee is expected to perform additional tasks when reasonably called upon to do so.
The company are ideally seeking a Microbiology BMS looking to utilise their skills in a more commercial setting!
Base salary up to £42,000 dependent on experience