The role is covered in the following locations: Birmingham, Bath, Brighton, Bristol, Belfast, Cambridge, Cardiff, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guildford, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading, Sheffield, Swindon, Southampton, Tonbridge, London, York
Exciting new opportunity for someone with a comprehensive photon detector experience to become a product manager with a leading technology company!
Role: Product Manager - Service
Location: Europe (remote)
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Easy, frequent access to Belfast preferred - Location in Belfast ideal.
Are you driven and passionate about a career in the science industry? Are you excited by a role that blends scientific and technical expertise with the development of commercial acumen and product ownership?
We are an extremely innovative, dynamic and progressive technology company, at the cutting-edge of scientific research. We have a unique opportunity for product and market ownership within the field of advanced scientific detectors and photonic components, with focus on improving our customer experience and developing new customer service and aftermarket product offerings. Driving towards providing a step change in how we engage with our customers. Through greater market intimacy we plan to grow the quality and quantity of point of sale service product offering and to provide a better customer experience relating to aftermarket customer care.
Main Function of the Job:
Part of the dynamic Product Management team, as Product Manager your core objective is to develop as robust strategy and to drive commercial excellence in our Service business. You will maintain a robust growth strategy for service products across all the companies business segments, with emphasis on developing domain expertise for Service and recurring revenue-based product solutions. You will carry responsibilities for improved customer engagement relating to product upgrades, provision of training & consultancy services, development of a portfolio of consumables and their presentation to our customer through development of an eCommerce portal.
Key Tasks & Duties:
- Own and deliver the Vision and Strategy for Global Customer Service.
- Broaden our service portfolio e.g. service, upgrades, training, consultancy, consumables the aim of producing services that customers want and that drive significant revenue and profit margin growth.
- Guide service strategy New Product Development as part of the stage gate process including revenue models, regional execution and sales and marketing plans influence.
- Develop and present business cases to steer service product strategy and priorities, based on analysis of the current market conditions and trends, competitor activity, Voice of Customer activities, establishing customer needs with respect to their Jobs to be Done.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to, collaborate and support the Oxford Instruments Group Service strategy.
- Working together with peers across Product Managers, you will formulate, present, and implement a robust Service growth strategy, that reflects an exceptional degree of market intimacy.
- Liaising closely with Sales Engineers globally (EMEA, Americas and APAC), manage the processes relating to Voice of Customer. Market intimacy is paramount; you will develop a keen awareness of customer goals and desires, and ensure that this firmly guides our NPI implementation, market development activities and marketing messaging.
- Assist in product portfolio management throughout the entire product life cycle. Continually act to drive a positive return within key markets. Feed into the product end-of-life process.
- Global pre-sales support of new Service sales opportunities.
- Produce and manage regular lead generation activities/resources and generate the sales and marketing tools necessary to meet agreed revenue objectives. Liaise with the Marketing Communications team to ensure a regular flow of fresh materials that are designed to elevate the companies brand amongst target customers operating within your defined application areas.
- Understanding and tracking our competitors' product introductions, market focus, pricing and tactics.
- Conduct regular sales force training relating to specified market segments.
- Input into annual updates of the companies 5-year strategic roadmap and revenue forecasting.
- Travel worldwide as required by the role.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by the Director of Product Management.
Training & Education
Essential: Degree or equivalent in a Scientific or Engineering discipline.
Desirable: Postgraduate qualification, involving usage and comprehensive understanding of photon detectors.
Essential: Minimum 3 years' experience of scientific digital cameras in either a Product Management, Business Development, Academic Research, OEM Sales or Engineering capacity.
Desirable (either of the below): 3 years' experience in roles that involved focus on Market Intimacy and Voice of Customer practices or Proven market development successes, ideally involving Scientific Instrumentation markets (3 years' experience).
Behaviour, Skills and Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Motivation & Drive
- Global travel required