The role is covered in the following locations: London North
With over 125 people based in London and New York, this recognised agency bring brands to life through design and our belief in its power to drive strategic and commercial advantage.
They're driven by insights, close collaboration and expert analysis. They pinpoint crucial challenges and opportunities for every brand they work with, then define and execute strategic solutions.
They work across a broad range of disciplines and media. Theirr clients rely on them for expert opinion and consultancy across everything from branding and packaging, to environments and stakeholder communications.
The agency are focused on the success of their clients. They create, evolve and manage brands that are powerfully relevant, highly personal, and designed to deliver creative, strategic and commercial advantage.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to play a significant role within the health and wellbeing unit of the agency. They are an exciting, growing business combining creativity, design and branding experience with healthcare communications expertise, to transform health brands.
You will be an important member of the team, managing client relationships and projects on some of their most important accounts, working closely with an Account Director and Business Director in delivery of exceptional client service. You will need to demonstrate excellent account management skills and have a strong track record of managing branding and design projects from brief through to implementation.
As well as having a strategic outlook to achieving client objectives, you must also understand the practical implications of delivering and activating brand communication at a global and local level.
You will have some experience growing accounts organically with some experience of being part of a pitch process. Development in the role will require you to be ambitious and entrepreneurial, with a clear grasp of the numbers and business behaviours that deliver excellent client service and growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing, enhancing and developing relationships with health clients to deliver growth
- Running projects across multiple formats and channels from inception to delivery including leading the briefing process, defining budgets and schedules, and managing the internal teams (account management, design and production) to ensure a successful delivery
- Working in partnership with the design team to inspire and challenge, ensuring the best creative results which are on brief and meet clients' objectives and expectations
- Being a point of contact for clients to discuss issues or concerns and problem solving with the team to help find a solution
- Leading the financial management of key client accounts in terms of forecasting, budgeting and billing. Liaising regularly with the finance team to ensure accurate invoicing and profitable margins
- Liaising with internal design and production management teams, to ensure allocation of resource to fulfill projects in the most effective and efficient way
- Playing a contributory role in pitching for new business
- Driving organic growth plans across client accounts with the support of the Business Director
- Overseeing other members of the client team in terms of mentoring, development, helping to deal with issues or concerns as they arise
- Contributing to thought leadership activity with a view on branding trends
- Professional, confident and calm under pressure
- Hands-on, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and internal team members
- Commercially focused - comfortable handling big budget projects including client negotiation with the support of the Business Director
- Comfortable liaising with senior management and more junior clients
- Flexible, organised, with an eye for detail
- Deep understanding of process and timings to enable credible leadership of the team through production and implementation challenges
- A team player that will contribute to the success of the agency by sharing knowledge and lending a hand to others when needed
- An active 'listener' who knows the right questions to ask in order to make progress
- Can coherently deliver our positioning proposition to existing and potential clients
- Can deliver constructive feedback to help the team strive for continual improvement
- At least 2-3 years' experience in relevant account management and direction for a reputable specialist agency/agencies
We recognise that your personality and enthusiasm will be as important as your experience and skills. Success in this role is to be found as much in the way you clearly - and persuasively - influence others and present your ideas as it is in the way you come up with your ideas in the first place.
Up to £45,000 per annum
25 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
Private Medical Insurance
Christmas closure ( Extra 3 days off!)
Perks discount platform
Discount Gym membership
Cycle to work scheme