The role is covered in the following locations: Bournemouth, Dorchester, Guildford, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Sailsbury
TERRITORY: South Central
Endoscopy : General Surgery - Urology, gynae and general surgery instruments, along with imaging equipment with those associated disciplines.
ENT - Endoscopy and imaging devices
Orthopaedic - Arthroscopic equipment and related imaging devices
All NHS & private healthcare hospitals, consultant clinicians, procurement, management, sterile services, medical electronics
This role will develop your sales skills and experience within medical devices through contribution to the sales function of the Regional Sales Team as directed by the Regional Sales Manager and senior colleagues. This will be through a variety of tasks and responsibilities which will evolve and develop in complexity as the Trainee moves through their bespoke training programme with the aim of transitioning to the next stage of the sales training plan (Associate).
The transition to the Associate position comes upon successful completion of the training programme which typically takes around 12 months. They will then work in this Associate role for a further 12-18 months, which brings with it significant additional responsibility and financial reward. It is the perfect role to prepare an individual for the step up to a Sales Specialist, which carries ultimate responsibility for a territory/business and a lucrative base salary and uncapped commission scheme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit to, and take responsibility for your own learning and progression through the Training Objective Points system (TOPunder the supervision of our Training Manager, Regional Sales Manager and senior colleagues.
- In doing so, develop your ability to contribute to the sales function of the Regional Team.
- Assistance with regional logistics as required by the team.
- Once certified, taking responsibility for training customers on their KARL STORZ equipment which includes the all associated paperwork and processes.
- As training develops, taking responsibility for overseeing and supporting demonstrations of our products in a clinical setting.
- Organise your personal work diary, identifying tasks in order of priority based on urgency and importance.
- Feeding back to internal colleagues all relevant information gleaned from day to day activities competitor activity, customer feedback, sales leads, market intelligence.
- Use the companytools, systems and reports to establish, maintain and update accurate records of relevant information about existing and potential customers, key contacts, etc.
- Attend, and contribute to Regional and National Sales Meetings.
- As sales training develops, take on responsibility for specific regional based sales projects.
- Where appropriate, take ownership for the sales process for selected projects from taking on an initial lead, to raising quotes, carrying out demos and securing a sales order.
- Attend, as required and directed, local, national and international meetings, exhibitions, congresses and workshops, including setting up, customer contact, presenting and reporting, in order to aid business development.
- Ideally (but not essentially) educated to degree level.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Experience of success in a team environment that is transferrable to sales.
- Experience of dealing with customers/general public in a sales or service based role.
- Proven record of organising their/other peoples time and resource.
- Evidence of having thrived in a leadership position.
- Track record of succeeding in a position of responsibility.
- Experience of dealing with pressure situations in an effective way.
Basic salary depending on experience.
5k bonus for completion of KS 3 training modules and then look to move into Account Manager role as and when one becomes available (nationally) and start on the commission scheme.
Company car (typically Estate Audi, BMW, VW or similar)
Contributory pension scheme
Lunch allowance & broadband allowance
Company laptop & mobile phone