The role is covered in the following locations: Birmingham, Bath, Brighton, Bristol, Belfast, Cambridge, Cardiff, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guildford, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading, Sheffield, Swindon, Southampton, Tonbridge, London, York
An Exciting Application Specialist role in a market leading company's proteomics division covering the UK.
ROLE: Application Specialist Sales Support Proteomics, EMEA
How will you make an impact?
- Reporting to the Manager Sales Support Omics, EMEA, you will support the sales process, market growth and early adoption of LSMS products and workflows in Proteomics across EMEA. You will need strong hands-on and practical knowledge to provide technical pre-sales and post-sales support. You will work in close collaboration with the sales, service, marketing and R&D teams.
- Primary responsibilities include customer calls/visits together with sales colleagues, technical advice and support of sales colleagues, customer support and training, on-site method implementation, occasional product demonstrations and support of scientific events within EMEA.
What will you do?
- Responsible for active contribution to the European financial targets and the achievement of the team goals.
- Responsible to manage your allocated customer activities for pre- and post-sales.
- Provide Proteomics application/workflow pre-sales technical support to guide the sales representative and customers to the best solution for the customers' short- and long-term needs.
- Support the introduction of new applications, workflows and products pertaining to Proteomics via on-site/remote support of customers, seed units, product demonstration and scientific user meetings/events.
- Support customers with on-site/remote high-quality post-sales support resulting in customer satisfaction, repeat orders and establishment of a user-to-trusted consultant relationship.
- Collect and communicate market intelligence and VOC information to relevant stakeholders and the manager.
- Make adequate use of all implemented tools, tracking all activities to develop comprehensive knowledge with a view to support prospects and customers.
- Assist the review of customer training content, working closely with other specialists and experts, with the marketing teams, the factory and the sales and service teams.
What are the requirements?
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar, PhD would be preferred.
- Several years of hands-on LC-MS experience in Proteomics. Experience with Orbitrap technology is a bonus.
- Solid knowledge in Proteomics applications and workflows, including sample preparation and data processing.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and drivers in Proteomics market, of major competitors.
- Excellent customer relationship management experience with the ability to understand and respond to customer needs, to translate their needs into relevant pre- and post-sales deliverables.
- Positive and energetic personality with strong sense of accountability, analytical and problem-solving skills, customer advocate.
- Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills. Proven capabilities of teamwork, ability to share information, knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work on own initiative, to prioritize and seek support when needed, to meet deadlines and targets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driving license.
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English, and other European languages would be beneficial.