1. What were you looking for when you were seeking a new role? I.e. more flexible working, career development, redundancy etc.
As a NHS professional scientist I had been working at all hours of the day and night, 365 days per year, and though I was dedicated to the roll my hard work and efforts went unrecognised and unrewarded. When I first approached Zenopa about my current job role I was looking to gain back some of my time to spend with my family, be recognised for my hard work and skills and be with a company who recognises the importance of their employees and respects the work they do for them.
2. What benefits have you had since securing your role i.e. achieving a personal goal, contributed to you buying a house, provided more support for your family, given you more confidence etc.
Since starting my new job role my wage has vastly increased, but as well as the financial incentive the job package has included access to a company vehicle, financial, physical and mental health support options, great training and support from day one, and has given me back time with my family and support to saying to no extra work loads that I would originally have been expected to complete with no support or reward for doing so.
3. How did you find the recruitment process?
The recruitment process was very simple, streamline and professional.
I felt I had the support, coaching and backing of the staff as Zenopa to help develop my professional profile prior to application and interview.
4. How has your work/life balance improved?
My work/life balance has improved significantly.
I am no longer expected to work weekends apart from on the very odd occasion. I am also no longer expected to work night shifts, extended hours or to cover workloads outside of my training. This means that I bring very little work home with me at the end of the day and instead have time to enjoy my own hobbies and family life again.
5. How did you find the service provided to you by Zenopa?
Zenopa have been a great support mechanism and offered guidance and good feedback throughout the process.
I would like to add a special thanks to Liam Whelan who helped support me through the entire process, giving me feedback on my presentation and interview answers right up till the day of my interview.
6. Any other comments/feedback that you wish to give?